Thursday, April 2, 2009

hanging out at first thursday

If you are looking for a fun activity, you should check out the neighborhood Art Walks in Seattle. Each neighborhood's falls on a different night of the month, but Downtown and Pioneer Square's in the First Thursday of each month.



Swing by - I'd love to say hi! Make an evening of it by checking out the venues at firstthursdayseattle.com.


While I'm hanging out, I'd like to introduce you to some of my new pieces. I'm working on something a little different from my norm - a line of children's (or fun adult's!) paintings, based off of a character I'd painted on of my silk scarves.

Meet the first 3: Giraffe, Pegasus, and Zebra.

These are creatures with attitude. Giraffe shrugs it off and lazily sticks his tongue out. Pegasus sadly (suspicously?) looks over his shoulder at some mysteriously rounds things in the sky behind him. Wait, aren't I the only flying creature up here? And Zebra closes her eyes to feel the wind flip through her mane. It's true - I am Queen!

All have black painted edges, so they can hang unframed. I will also take photos soon so prints will be available.


Also coming in the future are Penguin, Cat, Fish, Elephant, and more!

No comments:

Post a Comment