Tuesday, January 20, 2009

i don't know why i'm surprised

but there is a LOT of political art on Etsy! (I'm posting early this week with the excitement of the Inauguration.)

Even the classics, those artists who were paid by patrons to create what they wanted, found ways to insert their own messages, points, or even jabs. Politics have frequently found their way, whether openly or sneakily, into artistic creations.

So, in the spirit of this week's Presidential Inauguration, I bring you some of the Obama art that caught my eye.


First, this Circles of Change bracelet by tafurious. This is a bracelet I would wear regardless of theme, because I love the simplicity of design, and how each circle has a different texture. The words "hope" and "dream" stamped in two of the circles just add to the small surprises you find looking at this bracelet.







Next, I fell in love with this mixed-media painting by StormOne. I'm immediately drawn to his smiling soulful eyes. What is he looking at? If I didn't know this was Obama, what would I see? I love the jazzy feel of this painting. I feel like he could be inspired to start playing a double bass at any moment.



Then I stumbled across some Hope. Hope on a Rope, that is!


With the seriousness of this election, it's great to see some (loving, not mocking, in my opinion) playfulness!



I don't know if want Obama grinning at you in the shower, but this is sure to start your day off with a smile. And everyone will love this Obama, because he's purple (both red and blue friendly), vegan, and smells like fresh air. Thank you, dugshop, for making my day.




Additionally, if you thought Obama was just going to restore our country to fabulousness, you were wrong. O-Balm-Ah (by themefragrance) will also restore your skin. That's right, folks. You can put Obama on a rope, and you can also put him in a jar. Here's hoping the new President can heal our economy and reputation - but no matter what, we know he can heal our bodies!






With all this great Obama floating around,
let's all jump on the hope train.

No comments:

Post a Comment