Friday, May 22, 2009

I’m the green-eyed monster…


I discovered my dream place last night.

Having walked down this street many times, and recently hearing of this place mentioned by several others, I was excited to finally make my way over to “grey” for a drink.

“grey” is another combo of bar and gallery, but I was really impressed by the balance they’ve found. There are many galleries that serve wine for receptions, and many bars that feature local art on the walls, but “grey” has discovered you can have a true 50/50 balance.

This month, they have two featured artists, one of whom makes smaller drawings and hand-embroidered drawings. The other makes larger sculptural pieces. So even between the two artists they chose this month, there is a harmony between pieces to fill the walls while you enjoy a drink, and larger pieces to inspire you to walk around, explore, and create flow through the space.

In addition to enjoying the space and the artists they chose, they had attentive bar staff, and a great menu! I enjoyed 2 glasses of the Portuguese red, which was impressive for $5. And while I didn’t get a chance to eat this time, I did enjoy watching them make a few of their savory crepes. Art, cocktails, crepes, and music? Sign me up! I found out they are open all day, so expect to see me lounging here for lunch some nice weekend.

Check them out:
“grey” http://greygalleryandlounge.com/
Noah Grussgott (artist) http://noahgrussgott.com/
Sabrina Small (artist) http://www.sabrinasmall.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment