Thursday, May 28, 2009

new studio neighbor at the OK

I just found out that one of my dear friends, David Lindes, will be moving his photography business in to the OK Hotel!

That's right, yet another reason to come drop by First Thursday Art Walk.

I met David almost 3 years ago when he was doing tech for a small startup in the suite next door. He and his co-workers used to drop by for coffee, and I carried his prints as one of our cool, up-and-coming Seattle artists. He now returns to the OK Hotel with his true love, photography. (I may be sneaking in to his darkroom, to return to my roots... shhhh...)

David tends to work with darkness and light, movement and long exposures. His colors pop brilliantly against his frequently dark backgrounds.

Be sure to check him out:




And of course, come see him in person soon!






(P.S. As a quick reminder, all images on this blog remain copyrighted by the artists. I have borrowed these images from the artists' websites for the purposes of promoting their fabulousness.)



2 comments:

  1. *raucous applause* I am so proud of David.

    The space looks great. Views Askew got great reviews from the folks that made it out in the heat wave. And the limeade was a hit.

    Three cheers for the OK crew!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you thank you thank you! For the kind words, the promotion, and for being a friend these several years. All of them mean a lot to me. :-)

    ReplyDelete